1 - INTRODUCTION
Students who attend The International School of Choueifat — Muscat (otherwise referred to as the “School”, “we”, “us”) are occasionally asked to be photographed, videoed or recorded, during school hours and regular classrooms, online classes, school events, SABIS® events, including but not limited to plays, concerts, sporting events, activities promoting school programs or promoting SABIS®, classroom events, Student Life Organization® (SLO®) activities, trainings and/or additional school or regional activities, school trips, or as part of general testimonials, for educational, identification, and promotional purposes.
This consent form for the use of photographs, digital images, and video/audio recordings is valid throughout the student’s stay at the School and is not required to be resubmitted every academic year.
For that, kindly read thoroughly all of the information included in this consent form before deciding to grant or deny your explicit consent as indicated in the Application Form on the School website.
2 - DEFINITIONS
Student: Person enrolled and studying at the School.
Personal Data: Student name, image and likeness (photographs, films, or portraits), and voice.
Processing: Any operation performed upon Personal Data, including but not limited to collection, storage, use, erasure, recording, disclosure, transmission, alteration, distribution, etc.
SABIS® Network social media pages: Social media pages belonging to a school or a company member of the SABIS® Network.
Material: Material that is filmed/recorded/captured by the School or by the Student and provided to the School for the purposes listed in this consent form, which features the Student’s Personal Data and/or Work.
Work: Work prepared by the Student as part of classwork or other school-related activities (for example, papers, artwork, films, stories, poems, writing, painting, drawing, projects, etc.).
Final Material: Material edited by the School or SABIS Educational Services S.A.L. (SES) that contains the Students Personal Data and/or Work.
3 - SCHOOL-ONLY USE
For educational, identification, and promotional purposes, the School may use the Student’s Personal Data and Work internally, at its premises.
The School may, either directly or through external service providers, make Materials during but not limited to the regular classroom, online classes, school events, trainings, SABIS® events, such as plays, SLO® related activities and events, concerts, sporting events, activities promoting school programs or promoting SABIS®, classroom events and/or additional school or regional activities, school trips, or as part of general testimonials.
The Students’ Personal Data and Work would be used/posted by the School in print or digital format in various Material and on the following venues:
- Classroom photos and corridor displays
- School-based publications such as yearbooks
- School newsletters, prospectus, magazines, postcards, posters, decorative material, and reports
- School communications intended for the School community
- School boards and digital screens
- SABIS® web-based and mobile applications which can be accessed and viewed by the School’s students and parents, such as the SABIS® Digital Platform (SDP), SABIS® Parent, SABIS® Student, among others
4 - SCHOOL PUBLIC USE
The School recognizes the need to restrict the use of the Students’ Personal Data in school-related public venues or services.
At the same time, for educational, promotional, and advertising purposes, the School may use the Student’s Personal Data and Work, either directly or through external service providers, produce Materials during but not limited to the regular classroom, online classes, school events, trainings, SABIS® events, such as plays, SLO® related activities and events, concerts, sporting events, activities promoting school programs or promoting SABIS®, classroom events and/or additional school or regional activities, school trips, or as part of general testimonials.
The Students’ Personal Data and Work would be used/posted by the School, SES, its affiliates, and Schools that are members of the SABIS® Network in their various Material on the following venues:
- The official School website
- SABIS® Network social media pages (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)
- SABIS® web-based and mobile applications which can be accessed and viewed by the SABIS® community
- School/SABIS® publications and promotional materials, such as newsletters, flyers, etc.
- Advertisement platforms, such as outdoor or digital banners and billboards
The parent/guardian understands that the above venues are intended to the general public and therefore available to any person.
Also, the School may share the Final Material within the SABIS® Network, with professionals from other schools to impart good practice, and in marketing campaigns handled by SES with goals and purposes including but not limited to promoting SABIS®, the educational life at SABIS® in all its facets, which include the academic aspect and extra-curricular activities, and granting the viewers a deeper look at the SABIS® system and all that comes with it, such as the SABIS Student Life Organization® (SLO®).
5 - PERSONAL DATA TRANSFER SHARING
The School may transfer the Material to SABIS Educational Services S.A.L. (SES) in Lebanon or to other service providers for processing the Material and preparing the Final Material, specifically for the purposes identified in this consent form.
6 - STORAGE PERIOD AND DATA SECURITY
The Personal Data may not be stored and kept for longer than what is necessary to achieve the purpose of processing.
The School and SES implement appropriate organizational and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data collected/stored, to ensure its confidentiality (data is accessible only to those who are granted access), its integrity (prevention against data loss or manipulation), and its availability (data can be accessed when it is required), and to prevent from the risks resulting from an accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, and unauthorized disclosure or access.
7 - DATA PRIVACY AND LEGAL INFORMATION
By giving consent to this form as indicated in the Application Form on the School website, the Parent/Guardian hereby understands and agrees:
- To give consent to the School, SES, and Schools that are members of the SABIS® Network to use the Personal Data, Material, and Work for the purposes listed above, on any platform in an edited or unedited format, in print or digital format, at the discretion of the School or SES.
- That the Student may be identified by the Material and Personal Data listed above, and that sensitive data may be derived from, such as racial background (e.g. skin color).
- That the Material may be used wholly or partially and may be edited or altered.
- That the Material in their edited and unedited format will be the property of the School. The School and SES may edit the Material at their discretion; as such, they may use the Material in any form (video or stills) and produce more than one Material for the purposes mentioned above and in accordance with this consent form.
- That the School and SES may engage sub-processors to process the Student’s Personal Data on their behalf for content management and marketing purposes (e.g. social media marketing). A list of the sub-processors that may be engaged by the School and SES can be provided to the parent/guardian upon request.
- That the Parent/Guardian/Student will not be entitled to any royalty-fee, fee, or other compensation for featuring in the Material or Final Material.
- To waive any right to inspect or approve the Material.
- That, in giving consent, the parent/guardian hereby releases the School, SES, and their agents, employees, officials, representatives, and contractors from any responsibility or liability for any damage resulting from any use of the Material in any manner whatsoever.
The legal basis for the processing of personal data is having the consent of the parent/guardian of the Student.
No automated decision-making or profiling activities will be carried out.
By giving consent in the Application Form on the school website, the parent/guardian certifies that she/he has read and agreed to all its terms and conditions.
8 - PARENT/GUARDIAN RIGHTS
The Parent/Guardian has the right to:
- Request update of the Personal Data held by the School and SES if she/he thinks it is inaccurate or incomplete and a correction of that data is needed.
- Withdraw his/her consent to the processing of the Student’s Personal Data by asking the School and SES to stop using the Personal Data and any Material featuring any of the Student’s Personal Data at any time, in which case it will not be used in future publications but may continue to appear in publications already in use or circulation as far as such request is reasonable.
- Obtain a copy of the Student’s Personal Data in a structured, common, and machine-readable format and to transmit it to another party (when applicable).
- Request the deletion of the Student’s stored Personal Data whenever his/her consent is withdrawn (and there is no other legal basis for the processing), or for legitimate interest whenever she/he exercises the right to object to the processing (see next point below)
- Object to the processing of the Student’s Personal Data whenever there are no overriding compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, or in case of direct marketing (including profiling).
9 - CONTACT DETAILS
For any questions or requests relating to this consent form or the way the collected information will be used, please contact us at:
The International School of Choueifat — Muscat
Telephone: +968 2453 4000
For any question relating to data protection, please E-mail us at email@example.com